To have and to hold, from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part; according to God's holy law. In the presence of God I make this vow.
If you are engaged to be married may we offer you our “Congratulations”!
Although there are many places where marriages can take place, churches are special places and a church wedding offers so much to your special day which you can’t get anywhere else. Our clergy work with couples to tailor your wedding such that it is personal, meaningful and memorable for you, your families and friends. A church wedding adds a spiritual dimension to your marriage, and includes God’s blessing for your new married life together. Your vows are made publically such that your church, your supporting friends and family and God are there to help you keep your vows and support you in the years to come.
St Michael’s Church has stood on the hill in Mottram for over 500 years and has been a stunning venue for thousands of weddings over the centuries. You too can become part of that history. A wedding at St Michael’s church is held in a place steeped in tradition yet can have a very modern feel depending on your wishes. Organising a church wedding and service is easier than you think!
Lee Brown Photography - www.lsbp.co.uk
Speak to Jackie Kneen our Wedding Administrator, Telephone: 07949 874165, or use her contact form.
Help with planning a wedding and what to expect?
Click here for the really helpful Church of England website "Your Church Wedding", which has a wealth of information about the service itself, what makes it special, all you need to know about organising and attending a wedding, and help for choosing music, hymns and Bible readings.
You're welcome to marry in the Church of England whatever your beliefs, whether or not you are christened and regardless of whether you go to church or not. It's your Church, and we welcome you! This video explains why?
Who can get married at St Michael's Church?
In order to qualify to be married at St Michael's Church, with the approval of the vicar, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Be resident in the parish
- Be on the Electoral Roll of the parish, usually after being a regular worshipper here for at least 6 months
- Be able to establish a Qualifying Connection with that Mottram parish
Qualifying Connections are as follows:
- One or more partners have lived at any time in the parish for a period of 6 months or more, or were baptised or confirmed in the parish, or have at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish for a period of 6 months.
- At least one of your parents, at any time after you were born, have lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months.
- That one of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish.
If you are unsure about qualification, speak to Jackie Kneen our Wedding Administrator, Telephone: 07949 874165, or use her contact form.